Pastor Lauries Blog
In This Blog I endeaver to share the nuggets OF WISDOM I have received from time spent communing with the lord
God's wisdom is the most important thing we could ever seek after and know. He who created the universe and all that is within it said He would give it liberally to us if we asked Him. We are to go after wisdom like a hidden treasure, for its value is priceless! We are to pray for it as well.
Col. 1: 9 - For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that you might be filled with the knowledge of His will in ALL WISDOM and spiritual understanding.
James 1: 5 - 7 - If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that gives to all men liberally, and upraideth not (without reproach) and it shall be given him.
James 3: 17 - But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.
Why is wisdom so important? -
Every problem we have, or could ever have, can be resolved through God's wisdom and spiritual understanding. His wisdom is way beyond knowledge or what the intellect could ever understand. It is a spiritual way of living, seeing, and understanding God and all He has made. Wisdom is God's way of operating. It can be ours as well. Wisdom will accomplish what we never could by ourselves. Wisdom makes a way for us, a place for us to dwell securely, when storms are all around us.
Prov. 2: 13-15 - Happy is the man who finds wisdom, and the man who gains understanding; For her proceeds are better than profits of silver, and her gain than fine gold. She (wisdom) is more precious than rubies, and all the things you may desire cannot compare with her.
Wisdom is also defined as a home, a place, or abode. Wisdom is also referred to as a "she".
Proverbs 9: 1 - 7 - The Seven pillars of wisdom
1. Wisdom has built her house - Wisdom builds places of abode for rest, shelter, nourishment, safety and security.
2. She has hewn (carved) out her seven pillars - These are carvings of stone analogues used for bedrock foundations and sculpting great edifices, carved out of stone. Jesus is called the chief cornerstone.
3. She has slaughtered her meat - Sustenance, food, proteins are the building blocks of our bodies. Naturally and spiritually speaking, we only grow when we eat. Even the scriptures are likened to milk and meat. It requires maturity to eat the meat of the word of God.
Hebrews 5: 13-14 - For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe. But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses (soul) exercised to discern both good and evil.
4. She has mixed her wine - Joy, and celebrations bring the family together. Jesus first miracle was making wine at a wedding. He made the best wine, and saved it for last. Wine is also symbolic of the outpouring of the Holy Spirit. Acts 2. Amazing how wisdom is connected with being full of the new wine of the Holy Spirit.
5. She has furnished her table - Making and setting the table is a symbol of preparation for guests, family and friends to gather and commune together. This is where we catch up on events, share stories, and connect from the heart. I love to set a pretty table for the holidays or special occasions. God prepares a table for us even in the midst of our enemies! Jesus said He is going to prepare a "place" for us, His church.
6. She has sent out her maidens - Those who would help her get ready and prepare her home and table for a beautiful supper and gathering. These are helpers. Spiritually speaking, all who pray and give of their substance, operate in the ministry of helps. This helps the Pastoral ministry immensely by being able to focus on prayer and preparing the meat of the word.
7. She cries out from the highest places of the city - A cry in one's spirit through prayer for God's people to gather as a family is very precious to Him. A good mother's heart ever cries for the union and communion or her family and close friends. The cry is this, come to the Lord, come to this place of union and communion together. Come and sit at the masters feet and partake of the meat of His word, come drink the wine of His spirit until you are filled, and rejoice in the Lord's love for us! Come enjoy the peace and security of the habitation or abode of the Lord's building. A building not made with hands. Come yield and hear the cry of His heartbeat to sit by the still waters and learn of Him. Eat and drink to the full, for there is no lack in His habitation of glory! The Lord cries out to us from the high places of his throne room in the heavenlies, where we are now seated with Christ.
The call or cry for wisdom is simple -
1. Proverbs 9: 4 - whoever is simple (ignorant), let him turn in here! (To the house wisdom has built)
2. Vs. 4 (Con't) - As for him who lacks understanding, she (wisdom) says to him, Come eat of my bread and drink of the wine I have mixed. (The food and wine that comes from heaven)
3. Proverbs 9: 6 - Forsake foolishness and live, and go in the WAY of understanding.
Three things that instruction does for the wise -
1. Prov. 9: 8 - Rebuke a wise man, and he will love you.
2. Prov. 9: 9 - Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be still wiser.
3. Vs. 9 (Con't) - Teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.
How do we receive God's wisdom? -
Prov. 9: 10 - The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy one is understanding!
So respecting and honoring the Lord, and having a genuine intimate knowledge of the Holy one is true understanding at its best! Without this foundation, nothing else can be truly learned. This type of wisdom and understanding always requires a deep level relationship with our Lord. The fruit of wisdom and true understanding of the Lord and His will for our lives, will always manifest and produce much blessing for those we are called to minister to.
Now that we know what wisdom is, what are her benefits? -
1. Long life - Prov. 9:11 - For by me your days will be multiplied and years of life will be added to you.
2. Receives commands - Prov. 9: 8 - (yield able)
3. Speaks correctly - Prov. 9: 13 - Wisdom is found on the lips of him who has understanding.
4. Great memory - Prov. 9: 14 - Wise people store up knowledge.
5. Self control - Prov. 9: 14 - But he who restrains his lips is wise.
6. Understanding - Prov. 9: 23 - A man of understanding has wisdom.
7. Humility - Prov. 11: 2 - But with the humble is wisdom.
8. High position - Prov. 11: 29 - the fool will be servant to the wise
9. Influences others - Prov. 11: 30 - he who wins souls is wise.
10. Esteem - Prov. 12: 8 - A man will be commended according to his wisdom.
11. Receptivity - Prov. 12: 15 - he who heeds counsel is wise.
12. Health through right speaking - Prov. 12: 15 - The tongue of the wise promotes health.
13. Strong family bonds - Prov. 13: 1 - A wise son heeds his father's instruction.
14. Well advised - Prov. 12: 12 - With the well advised is wisdom.
15. Life - Prov. 13: 14 - The law of the wise is a fountain of life.
16. Understanding - Prov. 14: 8 - The wisdom of the prudent is to understand his way.
17. Departs from evil - Prov. 14: 16 - A wise man fears (has sound reverence) and departs from evil.
18. Riches - Prov. 14: 24 - The crown of the wise is their riches. (a crown denotes a position of royalty)